Sunday, January 28, 2007

brand new year, brand new obsessions! kind of

Ah yes...the novelty of the new blog. Welcome again to the big bad land of blogging where self-absorption is generally the key to a satisfying, personal blog experience. Yay for the Internet!

So if you've any idea what the last entry in my previous (bravejournal) blog sounded like, you know that I started the year off on a completely twisted foot. In fact, that whole blog was quite depressing, since what most people don't know is that quite often I'm not so sunny and, as I've found out the fucked up way, life is indeed not a walk in the park (and hence must be shared with the general public). Once in awhile though I'll kick my own ass to remind myself that life isn't so bad; it's all relative, really.

Anyhow, I figured it might be more interesting (for me, I suppose) and maybe more healthy to focus on less mind-numbing topics; time to celebrate the new year with new obsessions! Currently on my list are:

  • my PSP - oh how I love thee
    I've finished Syphon Filter on it and I've watched half a dozen episodes of trash TV on it. What a beaut. Totally worth the money (if you like instant noodles for lunch for about a month, so it's a good thing I'm also obsessed with...)
  • Noodles - yum
    This is all I ever feel like eating. (Some people reading this will remark, Why is this a new obsession? That's all she ever eats anyway. To which I reply, be quiet.) I've got this craving for bakso lately but don't know where to find a good place to get it in KL. Suggestions, anyone?
  • Running - don't ask me why
    I've never been a runner and I don't have any idea why I'm so addicted to the idea of it. I'm such a turtle and running on the treadmills bores me to tears, but I've recently discovered the joy of running outside and am trying to become someone who can run forever instead of falling into a tired heap after the first 30 seconds. Supposedly I can do this in ten weeks. Right.
  • Graphic novels - good reading
    Always an obsession but this year I'm focused - must have that full set of 100 Bullets and Y: The Last Man. When a bunch of women cut off one boob so they can fight in a world with no men, you really wanna find out why.

Okay, I think I'll stop listing my "obsessions" now...I was about to add scuba diving but then I heard my bank account burst into tears.

I'm off! I figure it's time for a brownie.

No comments: