Did you know that the fandango is "a lively Spanish or Spanish-American dance in triple time that is usually performed by a man and a woman to the accompaniment of guitar and castanets"? I didn't, I've just always liked the way the word rolls of the tongue. Faaarrndaaaangggo.
So yeah anyway, it's effing Friday!!!! It's about @#$%!! time too man. This week's been a bit of a blur; on Tuesday I thought it was still Monday, and yesterday I was pretty convinced it was Tuesday until I realized all my email was coming in marked *Thursday*. Where has my brain been all week? I'm pretty sure it's been sitting on Saturday (tomorrow) just waiting for me to join it. Lovely!
I do realize it's 8:30 pm on Friday and young well-paid corporate jezebels like me ought to be out partying and not blogging, but face it, most of us are geeks anyway. Besides, it is only 8:30 pm, which means the night is still young (although at this point I'm just glad to be out of the office, and I just wanna go home and watch Heroes).
I just finished a run during which I managed to keep running for 25 minutes. It's strange, but I never realized you could glean so much satisfaction from achieving something that caused you so much pain. This week I actually went a bit nuts fitness-wise (at least, by my standards): I did weight training on Monday, did a Body Balance class on Tuesday, played futsal on Wednesday, did some cardio on Thursday and ran some today. Now I do realize that this may have contributed to my blur week but quite frankly it feels damn good to hurt everywhere. Weekly epiphany: Pain is the great equalizer. All work-related challenges look the same when the mere action of leaning back in your office chair causes your entire body to erupt into a fit of Bohemian Rhapsody. Do the fandango, yea!
I am now *hell* bent on having a wonderful weekend. And what does that entail? Loads, I’m simply *psyched* (and yes there is a smidgen of sarcasm in there).
- Car wash! I actually like washing my car…it’s relaxing and I don’t have to think so much, just make sure everything shines. Still, like it or not, that car needs to be washed this weekend or by next week it’ll just be a big ball of dirt on wheels. There are friggin' kitty paw prints on my windshield and my trunk. Apparently the #$%!@ cats go dustboarding on my car when I’m asleep. Which explains all the raucous meowing at 3 am right under my window.
- Highlight of my weekend! One of my friends pointed me to this cool site called Shopaholics United and they're (the Group? Boutique? Owners?) are having a sale on Sunday. I may not be a shopaholic (too broke) but I love cheap funky looking clothes and a sale on that is just too good to pass up. Attack!! (Possibly more details later. Also there’s Goss:ips, Blook and Cat’s Whiskers which sell funky stuff for relatively cheap, if you like that kind of thing. I do hoo hoo).
- Finally, *finally* I’m going to *try* to get make those shirts I keep saying I’m going to make. I have two cheap shirts to screw with, a bottle of fabric medium and a roller. Which sounds like trouble but we’ll see what happens tomorrow. [Love the fact that the internet has everything, and I got my instructions here, if you’re interested.]
All this excitement is making me hungry. My mom made chocolate chip cookies on Monday and they’re soooo good. I’ve been thinking about them all day…of course my priorities are straight! Tsk.

No comments:
Post a Comment