If you have no interest in seeing Transformers - there's likely something wrong with and you should go see a doctor.
If you haven't yet seen Transformers - get your priorities straight and go get a ticket.
If you haven't been able to see Transformers because the tickets keep selling out - try harder because you're obviously not putting in enough effort.
OKAY. So plot-wise it was full of holes and was your typical Hollywood alien-invasion-holy-crap-get-the-big-guns-out-and-let's-kick-some-ass drivel but considering it had gigantic non-biological entities in it, it was funny and it was entertaining. No it did not mirror the complete Transformers world but quite frankly, there were other things more interesting to mull over.
Such as the visual experience. Visually. Visually there are no words to describe the feeling of watching your childhood heroes transform into towering monoliths right before your very eyes. Yeah the action was all cool and stuff but the Autobots and the Decepticons stole the show. I almost cried when the Autobots were introducing themselves to Sam and were transforming left and right - it was so beautiful. Megatron may not look like the same prissy wanker he was in the G1 show (dude always looked like he had a bad bob haircut), but his new design is badass. Granted it takes away from his known personality but man, he looks cool.
My favorite was Bumblebee. He'd always been my favorite Autobot but I think I got emotionally attached to him by the end of the movie and was so happy when he got his voice back. Yes yes I know ha ha ha but I'm not the only one who feels the same way. I think he was built quite well as a character in the movie (he's the first Autobot you see in the movie and I think he also has the most screen time) so it was probably easier to identify with him as a result.
Optimus Prime, of course, was insanely cool. He'd never been my favorite Autobot - too much of an authority figure, I think - but as a kid I'd still respected him for being a strong leader. Seeing him transform and hearing that voice coming from a real (looking) robot made me giddy with happiness.
I'm watching it again...on IMAX! Muahahahahahaha
Sunday, July 08, 2007
More than meets the eye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment